Monday, August 13, 2012

Farewell to a dear friend n eggless vanilla cake



Last two weeks were bit hectic and happening for us. A trip to Delhi, one small surgery and farewell to a dear friend who has shifted to Orissa as her husband got transferred. Will miss u Swastika as now who’ll irritate me, a cute guinea pig for my kitchen experiments, a complete chatter box with whom my days went in seconds before I knew. Life brings us so many small gifts which we don’t consider but when they r gone u realise their value. Yes, your friendship is a beautiful gift for me which I’ll cherish throughout my life and hope that this bond of love will continue like this only.

As for farewell I baked an eggless vanilla cake for her. And believe me I Don’t need any eggs in that. It’s light, fluffy and moist. Recipe courtesy my favourite blogger DK of Chefinyou. I’ve used this recipe thrice. And this time also it worked for me.


Ingredients:

All purpose flour - 1 cup

Condensed milk - 200 gms (used milkmaid)

Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup

Baking powder - 1-1/2 tsp

Baking soda - 1/2 tsp

Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Water - 1/3 cup

Method


1. Preheat Oven at 200 degree.

2. In a bowl, mix the condensed milk, oil, vanilla essence along with water.

3. Sift the flour along with Baking powder and Soda together in a bowl.

4. Fold the dry ingredients spoon by spoon into the mix at step 2.

5. Pour this into a greased 8 inch cake pan (I used loaf pan)

6. Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 150 degree and bake for another 20 

     mins. Insert a toothpick n if it comes out dry and clean then the cake’s ready. 

One can also decorate it with their favourite toppings like cream frosting or cherries or some powdered sugar etc. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment