Saturday, June 22, 2013

" The Story of my life "


My story

Yes, this is my story. I just don’t remember much of my early life. But then one fine sunny day I found myself sitting in midst of varieties of flowers and different kind of trees. I was surrounded by my family, all dark green, broad leaves variety. I was small and had just 3 small leaves, sitting happily chit-chatting to my friends. We were giggling and pulling each other’s legs and waiting patiently for anyone to pick us up and take us with him/her to their place. But as the day was just started so very few customers were roaming that place called nursery. Umm! Don’t remember the name, may be Rajdhani nursery. Then I saw a messy lady hurriedly coming near me.

Lady: aapke paas strawberry hai? (Do you have any strawberry plant?)

Mali: yes madam, aapke saamne hain (in front of you).


I saw glitters in her eyes as if she has found some treasure. When I saw around, many of us were saying that they don’t wana go with that fat lady because she resides in some hilly place called joshimath. I just ignored their talks as I want to explore new places and who wants to stay in scorching heating of Delhi! I just silently hope that she pick me up, somehow I liked her :). Then she came near me and told mali that please give me these four Strawberry plants (including me). yippee! I was more than happy and do you know what happened next, she asked for a big, beautiful and new pot for me :). So the mali put me into a new pot. I was feeling bit dizzy because of the transplant trauma but at the same time I was so happy to see the fat lady so excited. She was jumping with joy. Short hairs, plumy cheeks with dreamy eyes, wearing blue jeans and white t-shirt. The guy with her was calling her BV (wife).She was extremely happy and picked few more plants. They put us into their small car and here we were ready to start for Joshimath. My friends were not that happy but I was really enjoying the trip. Some soothing music was playing in the car.





Up to Rishikesh we had a smooth ride but after that the road was real bumpy. But FL (fat lady) always kept an eye on us. She gave water and was always worried that we should not topple down. Then came Srinagar where we halted for night. It was the month of March and weather was really cold. I was too tired of the journey and slept the moment FL said goodnight. For the whole night we stayed in car and got saved from that chilly wind. Next day around 8 in the morning we started the upward journey which was quite bone shattering. I was very small around a month old and now I understand why my friends didn’t want to go Joshimath. But what to do now as I can’t go back to Delhi. I wanted to tell FL that I want to go back and stay with my friends and family but she wasn’t listening, neither the guy who was driving. They were busy in chatting and FL was still busy in eating. OMG! How much she’ll eat? Can anyone tell me :/ . Now I wasn’t happy :( missing my family. FL checked me near Rudraprayag and told ‘Shon’ (remember the guy who was driving!),” the leaves are bit droopy. Shall I give some water?” Shon gave some water to us and opened the back window. Now I felt a bit better. I befriended other plants on the way and we were chatting. All of us were healthy except of a chilly plant. He was not feeling happy. We even gave a scarf to him but he was shivering. Even FL was worried about him. She put him on the back seat. Now we got more room and I heard my friends were screaming,”Wow! The scenic beauty is awesome:). So after a long tiring trip we reached our destination “Joshimath”. 



Mustard field on our way
I can’t see anything in night. Then a guy came to pull us out from car, he’s “Govind bhaiya”. He was wondering that FL has brought so many plants again. Govind bhaiya (GB) takes care of other plants in absence of FL and shon. GB is a nice guy but FL was complaining that he flooded the pots. I think FL always nags. But shon patiently listens to her and silently accept everything. Anyway GB put us in the balcony and they called it a day.

Next day when I was still in deep sleep someone came and pour water. My feet were all wet and someone tried to make me bath so early and it was really very cold. It wasn’t GB but FL herself. Now can anyone tell me why she’s flooding me when I’m still not up? I wanted to shout but when she doesn’t listen to ‘shon’ why in this world she would listen to me? Impatient lady! But the thing I liked about her that she jump on almost everything, a new leaf, new flower anything and everything. Isn’t it crazy? 



Pretty bird
Joshimath is quite beautiful and is surrounded by greater Himalayas. FL and Shon already have many plants. Daisy wanted to be my friend but I liked gladiolus but I feel it is a bit proudy. So I talked to daisy and in some time we became best friends. 


Gladiolus
But I tell you FL is not so happy with my performance. I’ve already given her 2 runners and they are further giving runners but I guess she’s in search of something else. Everytime she sees any unusual thing she googles it. I think she wants flowers but who’ll tell her that she has to wait. But I must tell you weather here in Joshimath is deadly and all my 3 strawberry friends were dead before long. FL was too sad. Now a days she has started bringing me inside in the evening and then light a bulb for me so that I don’t feel cold. But still I was sneezing. She fed me with some black thing called compost and you know what it was organic. FL takes good care of me and was really happy now when I gave her runners. At first she didn’t know much about me and how to take care of me but then she googled everything. Besides taking care of me she doesn’t do anything except of sleeping, eating and surfing (now you know the secret behind her FAT, hehehe). Shon always tell her to exercise but FL always ignores him and eats like anything. 


Lily
She has another hobby. She bakes cakes and cookies. Her room is filled with a heavenly aroma when she bakes something. By the way daisy and I play Ringa-ringa roses every evening. But then one evening I overheard succulents talking about snowfall. Snowfall! What is that? Daisy told me that it has heard FL and Shon talking about snowfall and they were thinking to make a small green house. I love them as they are always worried about us. 


A flower
One fine morning I was startled when FL screamed Shon! There is a flower. Hyper lady! Ok, I know there’s a flower. But what’s big deal in that? Ok, maybe it’s a big deal for her. I never saw her so happy:). But they are worried about snowfall. Then at one night before sleeping I saw Shon making something with plastic pipes and sheet. FL was as usual excited as Shon was making green house for us. 

Way to Auli
Next day Shon put us into our new home ‘green house’. I don’t know why it is called green house when it has nothing in green. Weird! But it was quite warm and cozy inside that green house. They occasionally kept us out to give a supply of fresh air. Then one morning when I reluctantly opened my eyes as daisy was whispering in my ears, snowflakes! Oh! White feathers like particles were dropping from sky. And everyone was so happy, they were tasting it too. Even I opened my mouth and tasted once. It was cold and melted in my mouth and then it was water. Ok when you freeze water it turned into snow. See I’m getting intelligent in the company of Shon.


Apple flower

 After sometime FL came and she was screaming again… arrr! Crazy lady! After sometime these snowflakes were depositing and we were enjoying it. Shon made it sure that he put all of us back into the green house and then put stones on edges. In the evening FL was frying pakode as Shon is fond of lots and lots of pakode. FL was happy as she saw many flowers on runners. The flowers are turning into fruits and they were getting red with time. Night was a bit cold but then this so called green house is working well and giving us required warmth.



Tulips

Few days were spent like that only. But almost every day FL and Shon visit to see us on terrace. There were few other plants from which FL wants flowers. She called them Tulips. A friend of FL brought them from some other country. Amsterdam! See I’m not bad in remembering names like Shon. This time FL is very patient I don’t know why she is not pressurising them as she did in my case. Anyways now I’m not under any pressure. Phew! Finally FL is happy with my performance as she has already eaten few fruits. See! I told you she eats everything:/.

Berries 




Days are getting better now. Hey daisy Look! Spring is here:). 

Daisy
Daisy looks so pretty and bright. Tulips flowers have arrived also:) and they are very humble. They have a deep yellow colour and have a tint of red. There are so many other flowers like Roses, Petunia, yellow California poppy, orange poppy etc. 


Poppy

They brought four pansy plants. They are jolly fellows and always stay in happy mood. 


Pansy
Joshimath was looking so beautiful with flowers of every kind and everywhere apples, apricots, pears. FL and Shon brought many other plants from Dehradun like Fig, black plum, lemon, cherry. Yes, you can officially call them crazy but then I really love them. 


Yellow california 
So here I’m happy with FL and Shon (not to mention GB flooded me twice in their absence). FL is still nagging as she wanted to shift me in a bigger pot as I have added five members in my family. But since I’ve flowers and fruits again I guess she has to wait which is almost impossible for her:).




Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. OMG!!! That is the cutest, sweetest, best"est" story I have read....made me all smiley and mushy inside :) It shows how sweet & cute & warm hearted you are Vini :) Having said that now sit on that bicycle of yours and start peddling FL :) Muuuah, hugs & Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Vini that's such a heartful story of a plant.... I share the same enthusiasm when I got that plant n look at you you already hv put it from the point of view of the plant ... Love your piece of writing ... :) happy to hv u as my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vineeta ji, you have an extraordinay writing skill... keep it up

    ReplyDelete