Friday, November 23, 2012

Chocolate cookies

The Cookie Jar

Baking cookies is my new found love. Almost all cookies are easy to bake, less messy and I can store them for a longer period than cake. My husband is also fond of freshly baked cookies and he says that their taste improves with time. From all the blogs around the World Wide Web it is very difficult to find a recipe matching to my requirements and ingredients available with me. But now a days I’ve started substituting ingredients which are working fine with me and it doesn’t affect the taste of goodies. In this recipe I’ve used egg instead of cornflour and vegetable oil in place of butter. Somehow I believe it is healthier to use egg in place of cornflour. Don’t know how correct am I. 

Just before baking

So here you go for the recipe for Chocolate cookies. 


Ingredients (makes 12-15 cookies) 

Maida (All purpose flour) – ¾ cup

Cocoa powder – ¼ cup

Cornflour – ½ cup( I used one large egg)

Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup

Baking powder – ½ tsp

Butter(in room temperature) – ½ cup( I used vegetable oil)

Vanilla essence – 1 tsp

Dry fruits(optional)- 1 hand full

Milk – a tbsp or two, if required

Method 

  1. Pre-heat the oven on 150 degree Celsius. 
  2. Cream the butter and sugar till fluffy. Mix in the vanilla essence.
  3. Sift together maida, cocoa powder, cornflour(egg) and baking powder. 
  4. Mix to the butter mix adding a spoon at a time. 
  5. After all the flour mix has been added, Fold in the dry fruits. 
  6. Add a tbsp milk if the dough is too dry. 
  7. With the help of a spoon put this mixture in a baking tray. 
  8. Press cashewnut halves or almond halves on top(I used pistachio) 
  9. Bake for 18 minutes or till done depending on the temperature settings of your oven. Avoid overcooking or burning. 

Wanna have one 

       
 Enjoy! 

2 comments: