Friday, June 14, 2013

" Vanilla cake "




Since few days I've joined a group of bakers on Facebook and was amazed to know that there are so many talented bakers in India who are doing wonders :). From their work I get to know that I've to learn so much specially frosting. Today for whole day I watched videos on how to do frosting and they were amazing. So I’m planning to do some frosting practice and I’m sure next time I’ll make some good cake full covered with butter cream frosting and that occasion is coming soon as my better half’s birthday is falling in this month. But for now I’m going to present my first ever vanilla cake. It was moist, spongy, tasty and just perfect for anytime :). Now I don’t remember from where I got this recipe.

Ingredients 


All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups

Baking powder - 2 tsp
Butter - 1/2 cup 

White sugar - 1 
cup 

Eggs - 2

Vanilla extract -
 1 tsp 

Milk -
 3/4 cup 


Salt - 1/2 teaspoon 

Method 


1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease an 8" baking pan.


2· Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.


3· Cream the butter and blend in the white sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. 


4. Now fold dry ingredients and milk in this mixture.

5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when    
     
     lightly touched. Remove from pan and allow it to cool. 




     Cake is ready for frosting or one can enjoy it as it is.

     Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment