Tuesday, July 02, 2013

" Double Chocolate Biscotti "




I guess after 2 months of ogling on the amazing pictures of Edible garden I finally decided to make it. I just stared the gorgeous pictures and wondered that how something can be so beautiful. It was so tempting. Yesterday when I was in a baking spree the first thing I wanted to bake were these cookies but then my better half don’t like chocolate much so I thought I should bake Tutti fruiti cookies for him which came out so well that I was encouraged enough to bake these biscotti. So I pull up my sleeves and wore my baking gloves for the second batch of cookies which came out equally beautiful. They are crispy and just perfect for any chocolate lover.






Ingredients

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - ¼ cup
Instant coffee powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - ⅓ tsp
Baking powder - ¼ tsp
Butter - 3 tbsp
Powdered sugar - ½ cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla extract - ½ tsp
Chopped walnuts - ½ cup 
Chopped chocolate - ½ cup
Salt – 1 pinch ( if using unsalted butter)

Method


1. Pre-heat oven to 350F / 180C. Prepare a baking tray by lining with butter paper.

2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.

3. Now beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Then add egg and vanilla extract and beat again until well incorporated.

4. Now add chocolate and walnuts. Add in dry ingredients and mix well until dough is formed.

5. it’s time to spread it on lined baking tray in an oval shape and bake for 15-25 minutes.

6. Once the top become bit firm it is the time to cut it. Remove from the oven and let it cool a bit and cut them into 1” wide strips.

7. Now bake them again for about 5-8 minutes till they turn crispy. Remove it from oven and let them cool completely.

Double chocolate biscotti are ready for dipping into your evening tea.






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment