Sunday, April 20, 2014

" Mint Sauce A.K.A. Pudine Ki Chutney "


Green is the colour of this season. With mercury soaring high, I search for more greens. From my balcony to kitchen and to my wardrobe, I like to put everything green. With everything green, here is one herb I love the most and that is mint. I love Mint and I’m sure everyone likes it. Mint has a refreshing flavour and it has a lovely green color too. In summers, the consumption of mint increases manifold in our Indian homes, I’m sure in other parts of the world too. We Indians love to put mint in their yogurt, chutney, salads and many other things. Mint chutney serves best with fried fritters (pakodas) but I can eat it with anything and everything. It has many versions, but since it is mango season too and yesterday it rained heavily with hailstorm so Sunday market was flooded with these small green raw mangoes, I made it with them. One can use curd instead of mango. That version of chutney goes well with Kebabs, seekh kebab or chicken tikka. Oh! Yes. I can’t forget my days in Faridabad, Haryana, I stayed there for almost 16 yrs. There was a small eating joint in sector- 15 market. Chickenette, as the name suggests, it was heaven for non-vegetarians. All kind of mouth watering kebabs, tikkas and gravies. It was a kind of ritual to visit it. From special occasions to normal days, New Year eve was one of them, their lip smacking seekh kebab rolls and chicken tikka rolls with loads of salads and the fresh green chutney were heavenly. So coming back to Mint chutney, the recipe is also very simple with few ingredients which I’m sure are always present in one’s pantry.


Ingredients


Mint leaves – 2 cups

Sugar – ½ tsp

Salt – as per taste

Green chillies – 4 to 5 (adjust as per taste)

Garlic cloves – 5 to 6

Cumin seeds – ½ tsp (optional)

Raw mango – 1 big

Method


1. Peel the mango and cut into big chunks. Peel the garlic cloves and wash the mint leaves thoroughly.

2. Now put all the ingredients in a blender and with the help of little water, grind it into thick paste.

The hot and spicy mint chutney is ready to polish off.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment