Thursday, August 21, 2014

"Tricolor eggless vanilla cookies and 68th Independence Day celebration"


A big warm Cookie J
Two years back I made this tricolor cake and it was a hit. Bubbling again with patriotism this year, on 15th august I wanted to make something which represents the beautiful tricolors of our flag. What to bake for Independence Day? A cake! No I baked it already. Make dhokla! No, I want to bake something. Why not to make tricolor cookies? Good idea! But it will contain colors. That’s OK! I can eat colors once in a while J

Like our Flag
So for that I had to search for plain vanilla cookies and I googled again. I got few recipes there. But I needed an egg less cookies recipe because my mother doesn't eat eggs. After exploring few recipes, I selected this one from NDTV cook. I was a bit skeptical about the recipe as last time I picked some potato and poppy seeds gravy recipe from this site and it was not good but then these cookies were worth taking a chance. Ingredients are simple but flavor is intense. Cookies were crisp and crunchy just like the way I want. In last a question, is there anything better than a warm cookie just out of the oven? Think about it J.

Cute cookie

Ingredients

All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
Vinegar – 1tsp
Butter at room temperature – 120 grams
Powdered sugar – ½ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Salt – 1 pinch
Colours – Orange and green (absolutely optional)

Method


1. Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees Celsius. Line a cookie tray with butter/ parchment paper.

2. In a big bowl, beat the sugar and butter on medium speed until the butter is creamy and fluffy.

3. Now add the vinegar and vanilla. Mix them well.

4. Add in the flour, salt and milk. Mix everything till well incorporated.

5. Now, divide the mix in three equal portions and add green and orange edible colors in two
    of the portions separately. For white color, we can rely on the natural color of this mix J

6. Now take equal and small marble size dough from each portion and give various shapes to
    these coloured balls and make innovative patterns of your choice J

JJJ
7. Bake them for 18-20 minutes or when they start getting brown.
   These plain cookies are so aromatic and tasty. You can eat them just like that or with a 
    mug of coffee or tea J.

  
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment