Monday, January 05, 2015

" Cranberry- orange-nuts cookies "



I started this blog with an intention to scribble my thoughts, but of late it became my food blog but I want it to be more like my journal where I can put my thoughts. Last 2 months were mess and I’m not going to talk about it. I thought I will stop baking and writing. But life is something which goes on and on whether you want or not. If you are breathing you are alive and if you are alive you’ve to move on. I’m not going to bore you with my stupid thoughts but just to break the block this post is necessary. 


Cranberries! Personally I never tasted cranberries. But while purchasing the groceries, my eyes picked few packets of some dried fruits on a shelf of a small departmental store. These were packets of dried cranberries, blueberries, prunes and mixed berries. The thing which grabbed my attention most was cranberry. The first thing came to my mind was to bake cookies but in my first attempt of baking, cookies were a bit hard. This time I used my vanilla cookies recipe and it came out well.



Ingredients


All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups

Vinegar – 1tsp

Butter at room temperature – 120 grams

Powdered sugar – ½ cup

Vanilla extract – 1 tsp

Milk – ¼ cup

Dried cranberries – 1/3 cup

Orange zest – 1 tsp

Salt – 1 pinch

Crushed mixed nuts – Almonds, cashew and walnuts (1 handful)

Method


1. Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees Celsius. Line a cookie tray with butter/ parchment paper.

1. In a big bowl, beat the sugar and butter on medium speed until the butter is creamy and fluffy.

2. Now add the vinegar, vanilla, cranberries and orange zest. Mix them well.

3. Add in the flour, salt and milk. Mix everything till well incorporated.

4. Now take equal and small ball size portions, give them cookie shape and place on lined baking tray



5. Bake them for 18-20 minutes or when they start getting brown.

1 comment:

  1. cranberry cookies looks delicious. Keep your post coming Vini. I might help you on many levels...

    ReplyDelete