Tuesday, June 23, 2015

" Lavender cookies "


My friends know how much I love cooking, especially baking and they never forget to buy ingredients while travelling, keeping my interest in their mind. Yes, I’m blessed, blessed to have such friends. Thanks to the technology I’m connected with almost all my friends. From 1st standard to this date I’m in connection with almost my every friend and we have groups on facebook and whatsApp and we still pull each other’s legs, make fun and remember our carefree childhood days when we loved to eat raw mangoes straight from the trees, buying those ‘prohibited’ ice-creams sold at school gate and eating candies from the shop outside the school gate. Loads of things have changed, most of us are married now and a few have kids too, still our hearts cling to those beautiful memories. This story is just not about those few friends but to all my friends who are part of my beautiful journey called life. For those friends who are with me at my each and every step. They offered their shoulder when I cried whole night and bugged them again in the morning. They were there when I had my best moments of life. Life is just unfair at times but then it also gives you the best thing of the world called friendship.



Coming back to this particular recipe a friend of mine gifted me dried lavender flowers and I wanted to use them in a special recipe. I love lavenders and I’ve a dream to visit those spectacular lavender fields of Provence, France (sigh!!!!). So, here comes the recipe for lavender cookies…



Ingredients


All purpose flour - 2 1/4 cup
Unsalted butter – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
Egg- 1
Vanilla extract – 1tsp
Dried lavender flower or seeds – 2tsp
Salt – ½ tsp

Method


1. Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees Celsius. Line a cookie tray with butter/ parchment paper.

2. In a big bowl, beat the sugar and butter on medium speed until the butter is creamy and fluffy. Now add the egg and beat it.

3. Now fold in the flour and mix them well.

4. Further add in the vanilla extract and lavender flowers. Mix everything till well incorporated.

5. Now take equal and small ball size portions, give them cookie shape and place on lined baking tray

6. Bake them for 18-20 minutes or when they start getting brown.


Enjoy these warm cookies with your evening tea :) .


No comments:

Post a Comment